The Shire of Thorngill presents:
July Feast 2013
July 12th – 14th at Camp Hobbs,
2021 Tukabatchee Road Prattville, AL 36067.
Come join the Shire for a weekend of Fighting, Food, Fun & Swimming! We will have the famous Weighted Team List, a Fundraiser Tourney ($5 to help the Family Sunshine Center, a Women's shelter in Montgomery), and an Open Tourney. There will be classes (looking to teach, let us know:-) Feast is sure to please, with a theme of “getting stuffed”. Fencing & Cut and Thrust Fighting. There will be swimming in the Lake. Children’s activities planned. Come spend the day visiting with friends. Come join the fun!
|Weekend Adult  |
|Weekend Child  |
|Daytrip Adult  |
Non-members add $5
Make checks payable to: SCA, Inc/Shire of Thorngill
Site Opens at 5:00pm Friday and closes at 11:00 Sunday.
Directions: Take your best route to I-65 north of Montgomery.
Take exit 186 (toward Pine Level) and merge onto US-31 N and travel approximately 2.2 miles to first traffic light.
Turn left onto Autauga Co 40/Co Road 40 W and travel approximately 3.4 miles to Camp Tukabatchee Road.
Turn right and follow road dead end at camp.
Camp Hobbs in Google maps
Camp Hobbs Information
There will also be a Meeting of the Bough (time TBD)
And for your Shopping enjoyment, the following Merchants will be available:
Studio 101 Pottery
Tress and Comb
Blue Dragon Glass
- Tzatziki filled cucumber cups
- Greek yogurt, garlic, salt, & cucumber. Garnish may be one or more of the following; radish, carrot, mint, or bacon
- Grilled vegetable stuffed beef rolls with a pomegranate glaze
- Beef, carrot, celery root, asparagus, & onion, (No onion in 1/2 of rolls).
- pomegranate juice & honey
- Pita Bread
- Hummus: garbanzo beans, sour salt & yogurt (lemon juice substitute), olive oil, tahini (sesame seed paste), cumin, & garlic. Flat breads: unleavened; flour, sea salt, olive oil, & water. Leavened; flour, sea salt, olive oil, yogurt, yeast, and water. One or more toppings; garlic, rosemary, fennel seed, or poppy seed.
- Apple and bread Stuffed pork loin
- pork loin, apples (fresh and dried), raisins, apple cider, thyme, rice starch, salt and pepper. Rice on the side.
- "Hand Salad"
- Leaf lettuce, celery, carrot, zucchini, green onions, cashews, dried apricot, ginger, & honey.
- Chicken hand pies
- Filling; chicken, sour cream, carrots, celery, parsnips, peas, flour, sage, salt, & pepper.
Pastry; flour, butter, shortening, salt, water.
- Artichoke, spinach, & cheese stuffed mushrooms
- artichoke, spinach, "fresh" cheese, bacon
- Cantaloup melon cups with Mascarpone cheese, blueberries and honey
- Just what is listed.
Friday Travelers fare:
- Beef and barley stew
- beef, beef stock, barley, carrots, mushrooms, onions (onion free also), red wine, salt and pepper.
- Commercial bread/rolls, bread, butter, and cheeses.
- Fresh fruit; apples, peaches, plums, and bananas.
- Egg free pancakes
- flour, buttermilk, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vegetable oil, salt
- Sides of butter, syrup/sugar free syrup.
- Bananas and blueberries
- Boxed cereal will be available as an alternative
- Bananas and blueberries
- Loaded BBQ Baked Potato with chopped Roasted pork
- Fruit salad
- watermelon, apples, grapes & blueberries
- Cookie (assortment)
- ***some cookies will contain eggs***
- Garden Salad with choice of Italian or Ranch dressing
- Other Toppings:
- Butter, Sour Cream, Chives, Cheese sauces or Shredded Cheese, BBQ sauce
- Sweet Tea, Lemonade & water
- Dutch oven banana monkey bread
- Flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, buttermilk, shortening, salt, bananas, walnuts, and brown sugar.
Maximum points of 10.
No more than 5 persons on a team.
Knights are worth 4 points.
Squires are worth 3 points.
Other fighters are worth 2 points.
Charity Tourney: Standard list format. Single Elimination. $5 to enter, Additional lives are $5 each. Lost limbs are destructive (carry to the next fight), but can be purchased for $1 per limb.
Sir Caius Tourney: Suggested donation of $5 He will start in the center with any and all challengers in a circle around him. Whom ever he can physically not fight for whatever reason will win his tourney. If you step into the circle and the leave it for whatever reason before the tournament is complete, a suggested Donation of $5 is requested
All donations will for the Charity Tourneys will go to: Family Sunshine Center, a Women's shelter in Montgomery)
If you'll be swimming in the lake with us, and I hope you do, you'll need to take know a few things.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by the parent/legal guardian to swim.
- Children under the age of 5 can not swim unless a parent/legal guardian swims with them.
- Children should not be left unattended at the water.
Here are some simple guidelines to help make your time in the Lake more enjoyable:
All persons swimming in the lake swim at their own risk.
Pay attention to the Water Monitor. Heed warnings. She is there to help you!
Bring a towel.
Reapply sunscreen often!
Enter the lake at the beach point. The Water Monitor will be there to help you.
Stay within designated swimming areas. These areas are marked off by ropes or buoys. This area is more likely to be free of weeds and other dangers.
Test the water depth before you dive in. Diving into water that's too shallow may lead to neck injuries or paralysis.
Know your limits. If you are not a good swimmer stay in the shallow area and enjoy splashing around!
Cold water and other conditions on the lake can challenge swimmers. Start out slowly, and don't swim too far from shore.
Protect your feet. Wear water shoes, if you can, to protect your feet from any unknown objects.
Please feel free to bring water toys.
Please do not plan to use a water toy as a swimming aid. Toys are for fun!
If you see any plant and animal life in the lake, stay clear of it.
Have Fun. The weather should be great for swimming... HOT!